CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Our Anniversary!



Yes, I know it's been a month since our first wedding anniversary. I always have great intentions of posting, but the I never do. I really need to be better at this. I am seriously going to work on it.

Patrick and I indeed had a wonderful anniversary. We woke up Sunday morning and got ready to the head to the coast. We pulled the top of our wedding cake out, and I poured some sparkling grape juice, and we toasted to another wonderful year. Surprisingly, the top tier of our wedding cake was still pretty good. I also had a small cake made just like Patrick's groom's cake. It was so good, and a special treat. We enjoyed some of the fresh groom's cake earlier in the week. After enjoying a little cake, we headed to the coast. We stopped and ate at Five Guys (which was wonderful), then went to see "No Strings Attached." We had a great time, just hanging out! We killed a little time looking at some of the stores then headed to the Hard Rock. (This is where we stayed our first two nights of our honeymoon). We had reservations to eat at Ruth Chris. This was a real treat, and it was so good! Patrick and I enjoyed every bite, and had a great time reflecting on our past year. We talked about the ups and downs, and the future that awaits us. We really had a wonderful time. The Hard Rock is so nice, and we once again enjoyed our stay. Monday morning we got up, and had lunch at the Hard Rock, and headed home. It was a great time away. We were very thankful for some quality time spent together. We are excited to see what the future holds, and plan to enjoy every moment. Our big trip is coming up this sumer, when we take a 7 day cruise! We cannot wait to go!

Here are some pictures from our 1st anniversary trip:


Small replica of Patrick's Cake

Top layer of our wedding cake

The inside of our wedding cake! Funfetti!

Flowers, Cake, and Sparking grape juice

On the way to the coast

Cheesecake at Ruth Chris!


Let's see what else has happened: I had to be away for work on Valentine's Day, so Patrick and I spent the day and night apart. But, it was really okay.. Neither one of us are big on the day. But, I did get some beautiful flowers, and a very sweet card with two coupons! The best gift ever, the gift of doing something for me!
In other news, it is March.. and that means I will be an aunt soon! I can hardly wait. I am so excited for Amy and Adam as they become parents. It is sure to be an exciting month.

Stay tuned... you never know what may happen around here!


PS: I also want to take this opportunity to wish my parent's a happy belated anniversary!
They celebrated 32 years of marriage on March 3rd! What a great example of how a marriage should
look. We love you mom and dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment