CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Breathe


Our church is doing a spring devotional called Breathe. We started it yesterday, Ash Wednesday. I have to admit many times I will start a devotional and not finish it. I know, not good. However, as I sat in church on Wednesday, I felt led to buy this book and do the devotionals along with the rest of the church. I am glad that I did. The devotionals are short, a page or less, but the depth is deep. One of the great things is that it challenges you to to focus on Breath Prayers.

Here is the definition taken from http://blogs.asburyseminary.edu/asbury-reader/
"Breath prayers for Reader: A breath prayer follows your breath, in and out, and can be carried with you throughout."

It is a simple prayer that can be carried with you throughout the day. It carries the practice of "praying without ceasing". I am doing my devotional at night, so my prayer for today is "Let my ears hear Your voice." This could not hold more truth for my own life. I strongly desire to hear the voice of the Lord as I walk this journey, and especially this season of my life. I hope that you will be encouraged to really hear the voice of the Lord this week.

Also, my wonderful sister-in-law, Amy, and I have been doing a memory verse challenge for the year through Living Proof Ministries: Beth Moore. We are committed to learning two bible verses each month. By the end of year hopefully we will have memorized 24 bible verses. Isn't that wonderful? I admit some weeks are easier than others, but I have to say that I go back to these verses a lot throughout my day. Each one of them carrying a different meaning for me. I wanted to share my verses so far in hopes that one of them may stick with you.

"May these words of my mouth, and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight Lord, my rock, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14

"Hope does not disappoint us because God has poured out His love into our hearts." Romans 5:5

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God" Philippians 4:6

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

"Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4

Not that you have anyway of really knowing, but I did type all of those from memory. I hope that I will be able to continue the entire year. One of the hardest parts is knowing where it came from. However, I think that is important.

Just wanted to share a little bit more about my journey of faith. I hope you will be encouraged today, and know that you are loved and forgiven.

1 comment:

  1. We talked about Philippians 4:6 and Joshua 1:9 this morning at Bible study. What an encouragement! I'm glad that you and Amy have such meaningful accountability.

    Also, I love the new site design!

    ReplyDelete