CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Reason for the Season

It truly is a wonderful time of the year... I love the holiday season. For many reasons, I guess: extended time spent with family and friends, good food, lots of laughter, a break from work, a change in routine, the giving of gifts, warm clothes, and the list goes on... Patrick and I are preparing to spend our first Christmas together. This will be our 6th Christmas as a couple, but every year we have gone our separate ways to spend time with our families. However, this year will be different. We are excited about starting our traditions, but I think we would admit it is kind of weird that things will be different. But, this year is special. Our first Christmas as husband and wife. We will never get our first Christmas back, and we have had a great time so far. It's been fun shopping, baking, listening to Christmas music, and figuring out our holidays plans. But, I was reminded that in the hustle and bustle of this time of year, that there is a GREATER meaning for the season.

At church the question was posed what if we had been Mary? Would we have done what God asked her to do. I have been thinking about that a lot lately. I hope that I would, but sometimes I wonder how often I push God to the side, and tell Him that I can do it. Ha! This has not proven to be very wise decision. I am thankful that Our Lord and Savior was born on Christmas. What an incredible event to celebrate. Because of Mary's faithfulness, and the life Jesus lead, I am forgiven and so are you. I wonder what is was like so many years ago in that stable. What an incredible event it must have been. I hope that as you enjoy the holiday season that you too will remember the reason for the season.

It is a fun time of the year and so easy to get caught up in presents and food, but this time of the year does carry great meaning. Patrick and I have enjoyed trying to give back this holiday season, as we know that we are incredibly blessed. We look forward to Christmas day together as we too will be opening presents, but I hope that Christ's birth is what we will truly remember on Christmas day.

I hope that you and your family have a wonderful holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment