CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Stop Hunger Now

Did you know that every 3 SECONDS a child dies from hunger? How incredibly sad. Well on Saturday Patrick and I, along with our church family had the opportunity to help those in need. Our church packed almost 20,000 meals for Stop Hunger Now. How awesome. It was such a humble experience to see everyone in their hairnets and gloves packing meals to feed those who are so thankful for the simple things in life. We take so much for granted, but it was a great time to give back. God has blessed us, and we were thankful to be able to give back this holiday season.

I also wanted to mention that Patrick and I along with my parents shopped for a child off the angel tree. The children on this angel tree has a parent in prison. By buying for these kids their parents are able to give their children a Christmas. Patrick and I have always been blessed at Christmas time and the thought of a child who may not have anything else on Christmas having presents to open warms my heart. It is obviously not their fault that a parent is in jail, and they deserve to know there is hope and love in the world even through difficult situations. I don't say all this to ring our own bells, but to encourage you that anything you can do to help someone out is worth it. I assure you, you will probably be just as blessed if not more so.

I also hope that Patrick and I will continue to choose an angel or some mission to give back to during the holiday season. It really is an incredible blessing.

PS: A BIG BIG BIG thank you to my dad who helped Patrick with his car battery today. Needless to say, it took forever and several trips back to the house to get the battery out. We could not have done it without him. Thank you dad for giving up your Sunday afternoon to help us out. We greatly appreciate it. Also, thank you to Patrick's dad and his Granddaddy Doll for all the suggestions and support. It finally ended up coming out, and a new battery did the trick. Thank you all very much!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment