CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Disruption

Disruption... a funny title huh? I kind of thought the same thing when I read it in the bulletin this morning. It was the title of the sermon. Patrick and I went to church with Lori this morning, and I was very curious what the sermon would be about. The preacher explained how the world was completely disrupted with the birth of Christ. However, Jesus is God's ultimate gift to us. Thus, the true meaning of gift giving at Christmas. Mary's and Joseph's plans were also disrupted. They were only engaged, not planning on having a child at the time of the birth of Christ. I have never really thought about the birth of Christ as a disruption to the world, but the thing that really got me was how often does God ask us to move outside of our comfort zone. We are sure that Mary and Joseph were scared, as God was asking them to do a great thing. It is important that when God "disrupts" our life that we listen to His will and are willing to break out of our routine. Being a person of habit, this is not always easy to do, however, I know that God has great plans for my life and sometimes I need to be disrupted so that His will can be done. Jesus is the Prince of Peace, and God's Way=Merry Christmas.
I just thought I would share a little bit from a great sermon this morning. It really made me think about the Christmas story a little different, and the importance of letting God be in control.

We are off to our Sunday school party tomorrow night. We are looking forward to spending time with friends. Then, we are off to the coast. We will also be watching the Eagles play on Tuesday night. I hope we can pull out a win in the St. Pete bowl. GO EAGLES!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment