CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 12, 2011

Bon Voyage!

Carnival Elation
At the beginning of July, Patrick and I along with our families were able to take a much needed cruise. We were counting down the days until our ship set sail. We hadn't been on a cruise since our honeymoon so we were for sure itching to go. If you have never been on one I highly recommend it. You don't have to worry about anything once you step foot on that boat. It really is wonderful.

We set sail from Mobile on the Carnival Elation headed to Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. It was nice to relax for 7 glorious days. We had a great time, and it was nice to spend time with my parents, Patrick's parents, my sister, and future brother-in-law. Let me tell you a little bit about what we did... We ate, laid out, read books, listened to music, ate, took naps, ate, played on the slide, did a little shopping, ate, went to the shows, and ate. Ha! I guess you can see we did a lot of eating, but don't worry we didn't eat too much. Just enough to keep us satisfied the entire time.

At dinner
I do have to say we were a little sad that the weather did not cooperate. It rained 4 days... In Jamaica we did not have anything scheduled, so we played putt-putt and played on the slide, and I am pretty sure we took a nap that day. In Grand Cayman we got a little wet trying to do some shopping. We were able to get our snorkeling excursion in, but it was a little rough. The next day we were in Cozumel, we got soaked. It rained a lot, and we were not able to go to the beach. I was probably the most sad this day. I was looking forward to putting my feet in the sand and having a relaxing day at the beach. Oh well, we made the most of it and enjoyed the rest of our day on the ship. The last sea day it looked like it was going to rain all day, but finally the sun did pop out for a little more time in the sun.

Time for some putt-putt
The food was great, the ship was great, and the company was great. All in all we had a great time. We cannot wait to go back. We are trying to figure out how we can do the Eastern Caribbean soon.

But, for now we dream about it and keep planning for when we can say Bon Voyage again!


Formal Night

Something was really funny at dinner, or I had something in my teeth!

Tendering in to Grand Cayman

Dinner Time

Me and the sis!

Patrick and his parents

Me and my parents

All time favorite picture on the back of the ship

No comments:

Post a Comment