CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Weight Loss Journey

Well, Patrick and I are on week 4 of our weight loss journey. It has to rank up there as one of the hardest things I have done, as far as self-control goes. I think Patrick would agree. I do not regret our decision, and I am so thankful we decided to do it together. But, it is not easy. Some days are easier than others, but everyday comes with choices that we have to make regarding what we are going to put into our bodies. Who knew all of the "bad" things we put into our bodies. I do not think either one of us realized what we were doing to ourselves. And let it be known, we realize that we made all those choices to get to where we were.

Patrick has lost at least 14 pounds, probably more since the last time he has weighed. You can really tell in his face and waist. It is the greatest feeling when your clothes are too big. I have only lost about 6 pounds, but I do feel great, and my pants are beginning to be big as well. I was having a pity party Monday morning because I feel like I have worked so hard that I should have lost more weight by now. Ironically enough when I got to work, I had two different people tell me it looked like I had lost weight. Go figure! I have been exercising, therefore, theoretically I should be gaining muscle which weighs more than fat. I am going with that anyways! I think this week may be a turning point for me though.

I just wanted to put our journey down on paper, I mean online. We want to be healthy, and to feel good about ourselves. We have struggles, but we are trying to drink lots of water, eat healthy, and exercise. We will see where it takes us. We both have our goals and we are working hard to reach them.

Here's to a happy, healthy lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment