CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 9, 2011

"Until We Meet Again"

On March 22, 2011 my sweet great aunt "Geet" went to be with the Lord. 


Geet, Patrick, and I at our wedding.

It was a bittersweet day as we were celebrating the birth of Cameron, and grieving the loss of Geet. She was a special woman. She never married or had any children of her own. From the beginning, when we went to Birmingham we always went to see Grandma, Poppa, and Geet. Geet did so much for those around her especially her nieces and nephews, and later her great nieces and nephews as well. I remember so well she was always quick to make us happy and meet our needs. She was always ready with open arms to help out in anyway. She loved being around us, and we would always sit for hours on end at the kitchen table playing cards. A memory I will never forget. Now, she was feisty, she never held back. She would tell you like it was. I loved that about her. She was a strong woman who never looked back. And she was a fighter, two years ago she had a stroke and against all odds she made a remarkable recovery. I loved her strong spirit. I hope that is something that I will carry with me. Another thing I admired about Geet was her love for her church. She was there every Sunday she could be, and even there early. She loved the Lord, and lived her life to glorify him. She is greatly missed. It makes me sad to know that she won't meet our children, and to see our other accomplishments. However, I find my peace in knowing she is in a much better place with no pain or suffering. She has the best seat in the house, as she watches over us. I know that we will indeed meet again! We love you sweet Geet!


*Patrick and I sadly experienced another death later that week. It was a rough road, but we stood beside each other. We were so thankful for each other in our time of need.


On March 27, 2011 Patrick's sweet Maw-Maw went to be with the Lord



Patrick, Maw-Maw, and I at our wedding

Maw-Maw had been battling cancer for awhile, and had had a rough road for a little while. No one wanted to see her suffer. We are so sad that we lost such a sweet person, but we know that she is in a much better place, and is pain free. What a wonderful thing to find our peace in. Maw-Maw was a precious lady. She loved me like her own granddaughter. And of course there was a special place in her heart for Patrick, who apparently she called Patty-Cake most often. She was one of the most generous, giving people that I know. She loved her family, and would do anything for them. Maw-Maw was also a person who loved her church, just like Geet. She was faithful, and strove to serve the Lord in all that she did. She definitely had a servant's heart. Maw-Maw was also a great cook. I had the privilege of eating many of her meals. However, the Lowery family loved her lasagna. Well, anyone who knows me knows that I am not a big lasagna or spaghetti fan. But, I NEVER wanted to hurt her feelings. When she would make lasagna I would always put some on my plate, and scrape it onto Patrick's plate when she was not looking. Sorry Maw-Maw... It was nothing against you! We for sure miss her gentle sprit and her unconditional love something I hope Patrick and I carry with us. And like Geet we are sad she won't be here to hold her great-grandchildren. However, we are reminded she is watching out for us, and has the best seat in the house. We love you Maw-Maw and miss you greatly, but one day we will meet again!


No comments:

Post a Comment