CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Wet, Wild, Weekend

Last weekend, Patrick and I had our first "party" at our new home. This "party" was in conjunction with the first football game for USM. We were so excited to see all of our friends and watch the Eagles play. We decided to have the party at our house instead of a traditional on-campus tailgate because we thought it was going to be miserably hot!!!! Well, it was not so hot, but it was WET.... Tropical storm Lee brought us a lot of rain over the weekend, and Saturday was no exception. It worked out well for tailgating because it was cool enough for people to sit outside in the garage. That was a relief because I was worried about where everyone was going to sit inside. And I'll my worrying was pretty much for nothing.. It turned out to be a great tailgating party, not too wild..., and I think everyone had a great time. It was a lot of fun to catch up with friends that we had not seen in awhile, and make a few new ones. We were thankful and happy to share our home with friends and family. We had plenty of good food and fellowship.

The house is tailgate ready!

We bleed black and gold!

Waiting for everyone to come!

Wonderful cheese ball!

Ready for lunch!

Samantha and I ready for some football! Or, maybe just some food!



Have I mentioned that the game did not start until 9:00PM! Yes, you read that right. The original plan was to go to Eagle Walk at 7, but because of all the rain it was cancelled. Therefore, a little before 8 it was time to suit up and go to the game. We all got our rain gear out, and were set. It was a little wet, but thanks to my rain jacket and poncho, the only thing that got really wet was my bottom. The rain let up a few times, and it was nice to take a breather. We were so excited to see the Eagles play, however, the game was as pretty as the weather.. ha! But, in the end the Eagles pulled it off. I was so glad! I was going to be seriously upset if I sat in the rain to watch us lose. This weekend we are gearing up to watch the Eagles play Marshall on TV. Hope we can pull off a win, we are hoping for a big season from the Eagles. First conference game is important! ***It's not looking good for the Eagles against Marshall... so disappointing..


***And a funny side note to share: Right before we got out of the car at the stadium, I handed the tickets to Patrick for easy access. He looked at them, and said, "where is the rest of the ticket?" I looked at him, like what are you talking about, this is the ticket. Then he compared them to his parents' tickets and I realized I had torn them where they are suppose to be torn at the gate... uh oh.. I was a little panicked.. I wasn't sure what we were going to go. Patrick said we would play it cool, so we got to the gate (I was holding my breath), Patrick handed the lady the tickets and said the guy up there tore them, and she said okay. No harm done! Thank goodness... Now, my brother comes to the stadium a little later, and told my dad and I, "I wasn't sure if they were going to let me in." So, of course I ask why, and he proceeds to tell us that he did not have all of his ticket... hahahahaha!!! He did the same thing I did... Too funny.. I guess we really are related. And don't worry, Patrick will tear the tickets from now on!!

Trying to stay dry, but still smiling!
Hope you all have a great weekend. We hope to rest some too because next weekend will be wild again with USM playing at home, and our good friends CT and Kara are coming to stay with us for the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment