CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Day of Remembrence



9/11 holds many memories for people all over the country. I remember coming out of First Priority my 10th grade year and learning of the attacks. I'm not sure I truly understood what it meant or what was happening. What do you mean our country is under attack? Why would someone want to attack us and kill so many innocent people? I am not sure I even understand to this day, but I guess who does? I know that my heart ached as we saw more and more images of all the devastation and loss of the lives on that day 10 years ago.

My heart still aches for all those who lost loved ones. I cannot begin to imagine the pain and suffering they felt. I can only hope they find peace in our Savior and know they are not alone. I pray for all the children who have to grow up without a mom, dad, brother, sister, grand-parent, aunt, uncle, or friend. Tears still pour down my cheeks as I see images and hear stories. My human nature still wants to question sometimes, how could this happen? I can only hope life lessons have been learned from that tragic day, and that our nation stands together.

I was able to visit ground zero a few weeks years ago on a trip to New York. The site tells the story itself. It was moving to see it for myself. I hope Patrick and I have the opportunity to visit the memorial and museum one day.

This truly is a day of Remembrance. A day I will never forget, and one I'm sure my children will be reading about in the history books. As our hearts are filled with many emotions, I think it is also necessary to reflect on all the heroes of that day. There were many... and I hope they will never be forgotten.

Praying for our country, and all the families directly and indirectly impacted by the events of 9/11.

"One Nation Under God"




No comments:

Post a Comment