CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Weekend

Well, I figured I better update about last weekend because this weekend is almost here. I am not sure where the week has gone. It feels like it has moved fast and slow all the same time. Nonetheless, Friday is almost here. Woohoo!

Anyways, last weekend we finally had a chance to go to the coast. It has been a long time since we had been. Thankfully, we haven't been kicked out of the family yet. We got to visit Patrick's grandparents, great-grandparents, and of course his parents and brother. Unfortunately, his dad was working nights so we didn't get to spend as much time with him as we would have liked too.

The highlight of the weekend was getting my haircut. It has been way too long since I had a haircut. I have been curly for the last 6 years or so. I have naturally straight hair, but after I met Patrick, and realized his mom owned her own salon I decided to give curly a try. And I loved it, and I still do, but I needed a change. And I change I got. But, I am loving it!!! It's pretty simple to maintain, and the best part I actually can go a day in between washing my hair. Can I get an Amen!!! I never could do that when my hair was curly. So, that is for sure a bonus. I'll have to post some before and after pictures soon.

We enjoyed eating, shopping, and just spending time with his family. On Sunday, we went to the Peter Anderson festival in Ocean Springs. It was crazy... I have never seen so many booths in my entire life. It was like an upscale arts and crafts festival. It was pretty neat, and a beautiful day!

Oh, and how could I forget we cheered on the Eagles by getting updates on our phones. It was pretty intense, but the Eagles did not disappoint. And we are now ranked #22! Pretty awesome, but we have to keep winning. This weekend we play UCF at home, should be a great game, and hopefully we will come out with a win! Looking forward to spending the weekend with family and friends and cheering for the black and gold.

And just to let you all know (all 3 of you), I am ready to put up our Christmas tree. Is it too early? I think we are going to start next week. If we don't get started we may never get it all up. I'm looking forward to decorating our house for Christmas.

And one last final thought... the situation at Penn State has me devastated. It just makes me so sad. I guess I have worked with people who have been victims of sexual abuse and no one can understand their pain. It really is a tragedy for all victims. And I'm not defending Joe Paterno by any means especially not knowing the entire story, but I find it incredibly sad that a coach and person so many people looked up to is ending his career like this.  Praying for all those impacted. I can barely watch the coverage without crying. It really makes you think about the decisions you make in life.

I guess that's it... Hope everyone has a great Friday and weekend!!!

GO EAGLES!!!!

1 comment: