CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Let's Go Eagles!!!

Well, two weekends ago the Eagles won a nail bitter against UCF. It was a crazy game, that literally came down to the last play. But, in the end the Eagles pulled it out. We were so excited. The rankings came out, #20 in the BCS... How awesome is that? The Eagles had everything going for them. There was even a shot at a BCS bowl game if all the stars had aligned. This past Thursday night Patrick and I headed to Birmingham to watch the Eagles take on UAB. We were looking forward to seeing them clinch the East division and spend time with family and friends. It was sure to be a wonderful weekend. Well, most of you know how it all happened. It was freezing, and the Eagles lost (Oh, and let me also mention this big guy fell on me, and I have to matching bruises on my shins, and I lost one of my favorite earrings). I feel better now... :-) We are still asking how this happened? None of us really know, how we could have lost that game? The coaches say, we were out coached, out played, and had no energy. How could you not be excited? You were on a run for one of the best seasons in a long time! Oh well...life does go on. But, it was a pretty devastating lost. This is the 3rd year in a row that we have lost to UAB. I think we are cursed.

After we got out of mourning, we did have a fantastic weekend. Friday, Patrick and I spent the day with Grandma and Poppa. Grandma fixed a delicious Thanksgiving meal (that we got to enjoy with my Uncle as well), and the rest of the afternoon was spent playing Rook. Grandma and Poppa were partners and Patrick and I were partners. I haven't laughed that hard or that much in a long time. Just imagine two people in their 80's playing a card game, where you have to depend on each other, and add on that they can't hear very well. I'm telling you, it was something else. We really had a great afternoon of playing cards. Looking forward to going back.

Saturday we spent the day with Kara (CT was hunting). We went shopping, and Patrick was a real trooper. We even took him to some of the "boy" stores as well. I got a few Christmas presents bought, so that was a good thing. We really enjoyed spending time with Kara. That night we got to play with Roxy, (the new dog) and watch football. She is so sweet. Kind of makes me want a dog.. ALMOST..., but not quite!

Sunday we headed over to my aunt and uncle's house, where we had Thanksgiving dinner. Mom and dad were there so they could spend sometime with Grandma and Poppa, and Adam, Amy, and Cameron drove over for the day. We were almost complete. Lori and James couldn't make it. They were missed, but it was a good day. Lots of good food and fellowship.

Looking forward to spending tomorrow afternoon and Thursday with Patrick's family, then headed back to Hattiesburg for Thanksgiving with my family. It will be wonderful to have everyone together. We have so much to be thankful for.

I am trying to decide if I want to brave the crowd on Friday for a little shopping. There are some really great deals, but I guess we will see how that works out. Saturday USM plays Memphis for one more chance to clench the East division. I really hope we play well especially for the seniors. There is still time for a great season. Hoping for a big win!

As the title states: Let's Go Eagles!!!!


Patrick and I at the game.



Kara and I at the game. It was a little cold!
Sweet Roxy!
Grandma and Cameron

2 comments:

  1. Go Eagles! So sorry about your bruises and lost earring...those things make a sad evening extra frustrating. You have really made the rounds seeing family- is there a maximum number of times a couple is allowed to have Thanksgiving dinner?!!! I hope not! Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, if there is a maximum time for Thanksgiving dinner, I think we will pass it! Good thing we like it! Hope ya'll have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete