CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A little bragging.... Please..

I am not one to talk much about our "deep" personal lives. I figure some stuff should be just between Patrick and I, or other family members and friends. However, I wanted to share this. I wanted to brag for just a minute. This has been a tough week for me. I work on a grant, therefore, we are audited from time to time. This week is one of those times. It is very stressful, and makes for a long week. I think I was really tired today, and just worn out from everything that has been happening. If anyone knows me well, my source of relief in a time like this comes from crying.. a lot! Well, tonight was just one of those times... The rivers flowed for sure. BUT, I am truly so thankful for a wonderful husband who hugged me and told me it would be okay. He let me be sad for a little while and get it out of my system. He loves me so much even through the tears. I am so thankful for Patrick. We are able to pick each other up, and keep going on this journey. It truly is wonderful..

And speaking of Patrick, I did not discuss the details of my illness last week. I had a horrible stomach virus, and YES it was a stomach virus. Some people around me had it too, and we are pretty sure we know where it came from. It was a rough couple of days. But, Patrick took such great care of me. He would even stand at the door with his shirt over his his mouth and face and ask what he could do for me. He made sure I knew I could ask him for anything. I am glad that I had someone to help take care of me during that time.

This all leads me to say our anniversary is Sunday!!! Can you believe it's almost been a year? I can hardly believe it. What year it has been. God has blessed us in so many ways. We have had our ups and downs, but we have grown closer and stronger. I can't wait to see what year two will bring.

Things have been kind of crazy around here. We are ready for a weekend!

UPDATE: I'm feeling much better today! I didn't want anyone to worry too much. It was just one of those day. I know ya'll know I'm talking about. However, today is a new day! Thanks for the love, support, and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment