CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day In New Orleans


So, last Saturday Patrick and I met his parents in Slidell where we all made the rest of the trip to New Orleans. Patrick and I had been wanting to go spend a day in New Orleans for awhile now, and his parents also like going down there as well. We did not get to spend much time with them over Christmas (so seeing them was a good thing), and it was a pretty weekend so we decided we would go. It was a perfect day. It was a little chilly, but not too bad at all. We started the day at Cafe Du Monde, with beignets. They were wonderful. We walked around the French Quarter for a little while, then we went to the IMAX theater. We saw Deep Sea. It was a really neat movie. Patrick has a love for WWII artifacts. We went to the WWII Museum and watched the 4D movie. It was really neat, and a great depiction of D day. We then went to a fabulous restaurant called Houstons. It was so good!!! Their salad was awesome, and I had the crab cakes, and Patrick had a steak. It was a wonderful meal. Then, after many years Mr.Kebo took Mrs. Tammy, and I to Macy's. We did not do too much damage. We had fun looking around. We definitely need to go back to hit the rest of the stores in the mall. It was a wonderful day!!! We are ready to go back again.


In other news, tomorrow we have the day off. It is always nice to add an extra day to the weekend. Patrick and I plan to enjoy it to the fullest. I am watching Band of Brothers with Patrick right now. This makes him very happy, and it paints WWII in a new light for me. So many selfless soldiers. It literary brings you to tears.

Our one year anniversary is coming up. I can't believe it has almost been a year! More on that later this month.

Lastly, Mom, Lori, and I went wedding dress shoping today. I can't believe my baby sister is getting married! This is sure to be a fun ride. I am so happy for her!

Hoping for a great week! Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment