CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Things to Get Done: Blood Work: Check! ... Marriage License... still waiting!

So, in the craziness of life lately Patrick and I have not gone to get our blood work done.. yeah, not good when you are getting married in less than two weeks.. But don't fear we went today! Now, if I am my brother I would have to pump myself up and get promised a toy after! :-) (Sorry Adam) But, you know it's true. It was not too bad... but, Patrick and I learned something today about each other (although we had warned each other).. Are you ready!?!?!

We both have BAD veins!!!! At least we are in this together. We both had to get our blood drawn in our hands. Oh well, it really was not that bad, but just pray we do not bruise. We were warned about that, but hopefully that will be minimal. We do not need blue hands in our pictures, however, we will take them no matter what!

Now, we just need to hope that our blood work will be back on Friday like they said.. Then on Monday we can go to the court house and get our marriage license and everything will be just fine! However, if it is not back on Friday we will be cutting it very close. Keeping our fingers crossed. Word to the wise.. Do not wait to the last minute to get your blood work and marriage license. I was warned of this as well, however, as you can see I do not follow very good directions. I actually thought you had to do it within 30 days of the wedding. However, that is just not true.. You just have to apply for your marriage license within 30 days of getting your blood drawn. Your marriage license never expires.. Patrick and I could have done this a year and a half ago! Oh well.. lessons learned.

1 comment:

  1. Oh friend!

    If the circuit clerk here is anything like at home, you can actually go ahead and apply for your marriage license and drop off your blood results when you pick the license up. There is normally a 3 day wait period between both the blood test results and the marriage license. I used to work at the one at home!

    But yay! You at least still did it in time! Only a week and a half!

    ReplyDelete